By Fernanda De La Torre
Upstream is a MERJ Exchange market, MERJ is licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Authority Seychelles and Central Bank of Seychelles. FSA Seychelles is an associate member of IOSCO — the International Organization of Securities Commissions. MERJ is the only exchange operator globally with the complete infrastructure and licenses to support digital securities and digital payment rails. We wanted to share what compliance and affiliations MERJ/ Upstream has for issuers interested in listing on our next generation exchange.
MERJ/ Upstream regulatory affiliations:
- IOSCO regulation– I.O.S.C.O. is an international standard setter for regulation of securities and financial markets. The same principles are followed by every major securities exchange in the world.
- WFE- MERJ Exchange is a Regulated Market and Primary Listing Venue; meeting the same criteria as the major markets around the world such as London Stock Exchange, New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, CBOE, and CME. MERJ Exchange is currently an affiliate of WFE and is applying for full member status. The WFE comprises the most trusted operators of securities infrastructure globally. This is common criteria for institutional investment mandates. A critical factor for distribution.
- ANNA- MERJ is also a National Numbering Agency and a full member of ANNA (Association of National Numbering Agencies) ANNA is a global association of central banks, CSDs, regulators and stock exchanges who are responsible for assigning ISIN and CFI codes. There is only 1 National Numbering Agency per jurisdiction.
- OTC Markets- MERJ is a Qualified Foreign Exchange for OTC Markets in the U.S. This means companies listed on MERJ’s main and SME boards can leverage both OTCQX and OTCQB to access an efficient and cost- effective secondary market in the U.S.
- HM Revenue & Customs- MERJ has been deemed a designated Recognized Stock Exchange by the UK Tax Authority — His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) for the purposes of the Income Tax Act. This allows certain MERJ listed securities to form part of Self Invested Pensions (SIPP) and Individual Savings Accounts (ISA), as well as qualifying for the Quoted Eurobond Exemption (QEE).
Interested issuers can learn more at https://upstream.exchange/GetListed or reach the team at email@example.com.
This communication shall not constitute an offer to sell securities or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities in any jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is not permitted.
NFTs have no royalties, equity ownership, or dividends. NFTs are for utility, collection, redemption or display purposes only. Anyone may buy and sell NFTs on Upstream.
*U.S. or Canadian-based citizens or permanent residents may only deposit, buy, or sell securities on Upstream after being introduced by a licensed broker dealer. Note that U.S. or Canadian-based investors include those U.S. or Canadian citizens who may be domiciled overseas. All orders for sale are non-solicited by Upstream and a user’s decision to trade securities must be based on their own investment judgement. Anyone may buy and sell NFTs on Upstream.
This communication contains “forward-looking statements.” Such statements may be preceded by the words “intends,” “may,” “will,” “plans,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “projects,” “predicts,” “estimates,” “aims,” “believes,” “hopes,” “potential,” or similar words. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, are based on certain assumptions, and are subject to various known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Company’s control, and cannot be predicted or quantified, and, consequently, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks and uncertainties associated with (i) difficulties in obtaining financing on commercially reasonable terms; (ii) changes in the size and nature of our competition; (iii) loss of one or more key executives or brand ambassadors; and (iv) changes in legal or regulatory requirements in the markets in which we operate. The Company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.