By Anastasia Samaras
Are you a UK-based issuer seeking to expand your reach to a global audience? Are your current roadshows not generating the desired results? Retail investors outside the UK often face challenges in purchasing securities listed on UK exchanges. The process can be complex, costly, and deter potential investors. Upstream, however, was designed to remove these barriers to give issuers access to a digital-first investor base that can participate using a user-friendly trading app.
Upstream, a MERJ Exchange market provides dual listing capabilities to UK issuers listed on all the major exchanges including the London Stock Exchange, AIM (London’s Alternative Investment Market), and more. As part of MERJ, an overseas national securities exchange, qualified issuers may fast-track listing on Upstream.
Why is Upstream inviting UK issuers to dual list?
The United Kingdom’s market capitalization accounted for an impressive 2,620.897 USD billion in October 2023, demonstrating its robust economic strength.¹ The UK stock market, renowned for its stability, hosts both established and emerging companies. With an openness to innovative technologies, such as smart contract technology, the UK presents a promising pool of issuers to make available to our global investors.
The benefits and methodologies of Upstream dual listings may directly increase UK issuers’ global shareholder base, market capitalization, and liquidity while giving global investors the opportunity to access and invest in interesting UK companies.
How is Upstream simplifying global outreach for UK issuers?
UK issuers may face hurdles in expanding their global investor pool. The UK market, although substantial, requires strategic initiatives to reach a broader audience.
On Upstream, we streamline this process for international investors. All they have to do is download an app, complete a light-touch KYC process, and fund their account using a variety of payment methods (credit, debit, PayPal, USDC, bank payment) to begin depositing and buying company securities. All of this is done directly on the app, in minutes, significantly lowering the barrier to entry.
Additionally, listing on Upstream comes with over $75,000 of marketing value for issuers from our partners at no cost to issuers to further digital reach.
As a next-generation app, Upstream also has integrated shareholder engagement features to capture new interest. Issuers can take advantage of Upstream’s digital coupon strategy aiming to turn your shareholders into customers and customers into shareholders. These digital coupons (NFTs) can be claimed, traded amongst other Upstream users, or redeemed for issuers’ products, services, or experiences.
Issuers may also, with appropriate registration in the issuer’s jurisdiction, generate Spin Off subsidiaries as stand-alone, separately traded companies on Upstream. Even with everything listed above, Upstream offers highly competitive listing prices.
Benefits for dual listing on Upstream
- No Short Selling — Upstream does not permit the short selling of our issuers’ securities.
- Accept Modern Payment Methods — Access a global digital-first investor base that can trade Canadian, U.S., and international equities using USDC digital currency, credit card, debit card, PayPal, or USD.
- Transfer Agent Integration — Upstream’s transfer agent deposit and legend-lift technology solve common deposit and custody problems issuers face.
- Web3 Shareholder Engagement — Turn shareholders into customers and customers into shareholders with Upstream’s digital coupon rewards program. Reward loyal shareholders’ support with digital coupons (NFTs) that can be claimed, traded amongst other Upstream users, or redeemed for issuers’ products, services, or experiences.
- Next. Gen trading app. — Upstream features simplified onboarding, user-friendly trading tools, real-time trading, and transparent orderbooks enforced by smart contract technology to make it both convenient and efficient for international traders to trade securities.
- FDIC Insurance — Upstream accounts, U.S. and non-U.S., are FDIC-insured up to $250,000.
- Streamlined On/Off Ramps. — Cryptocurrency holders enjoy a streamlined on/off-ramp to/from popular cryptocurrency exchange platforms like Coinbase. US Dollar holders enjoy a fiat on/off-ramp.
- Spinoff share distributions — Issuers, with appropriate registration in the issuer’s jurisdiction, can generate Spin Off subsidiaries as stand-alone, separately traded companies on Upstream.
- Full Sovereign Exchange. — Upstream is a MERJ Exchange market. MERJ is an affiliate of the World Federation of Exchanges. As a fully regulated overseas stock exchange, we are a peer to the OTC markets.
Upstream stands as a gateway for UK businesses to transcend geographical constraints and tap into the vast global market. The rise of digital platforms offers immense potential for growth and expansion. However, as we know, accessing this global audience can be challenging.
Upstream is poised to bridge this gap and empower UK issuers to connect with a wider audience. Streamlining onboarding processes for international traders, and removing the friction points that often hinder cross-border investments, Upstream opens doors to a world of untapped opportunities.
Join us and expand your shareholder base to a whole new set of fans, investors, and traders on a frictionless smartphone trading app
Reach a global, digital-first investor base and submit your listing application now, book time on our issuer calendar by clicking HERE.
U.S. persons may not deposit, buy, or sell securities on Upstream.
This communication shall not constitute an offer to sell securities or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities in any jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is not permitted. NFTs have no royalties, equity ownership, or dividends. NFTs are for utility, collection, redemption, or display purposes only. Anyone may buy and sell NFTs on Upstream. All orders for sale are non-solicited by Upstream and a user’s decision to trade securities must be based on their own investment judgment.
This communication contains “forward-looking statements.” Such statements may be preceded by the words “intends,” “may,” “will,” “plans,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “projects,” “predicts,” “estimates,” “aims,” “believes,” “hopes,” “potential,” or similar words. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, are based on certain assumptions, and are subject to various known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Company’s control, and cannot be predicted or quantified, and, consequently, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks and uncertainties associated with (i) difficulties in obtaining financing on commercially reasonable terms; (ii) changes in the size and nature of our competition; (iii) loss of one or more key executives or brand ambassadors; and (iv) changes in legal or regulatory requirements in the markets in which we operate. The Company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.